Sound energy is basically a form of energy which is related to the vibrations of the matter. It is in fact a kind of the mechanical waves that means it requires a certain object to travel through. It can be water or air to travel. The sound energy generally originates from the vibrations which result once a particular object applies a force to another object. The following are some of the interesting facts about the energy from sound created by the contact of two objects.
Facts about sound energy:
- The sound produces a quite lower level of energy when compared to some other forms of energy.
- If the vibrational sound waves of the medium changes, the produced sound will also change relatively.
- Since the sound only produces a lower level of energy, it is not useful for the electricity conversion.
- When it comes to the sound energy intensity, it is normally measured using the sensitivity of the normal hearing person.
- Sound is typically measured in the pascals and decibels instead of the custom unit of the energy measurement.
- The actual measurement of the sound energy is completely related to its intensity and pressure.
- Each and every human can have a capability to hear different types of sound because as the sound enters your ear, the ear also vibrates.
- The ears of the dogs are really very sensitive than the ears of the humans because they can have a special capacity to hear the sounds which humans cannot hear.
- Sounds usually travels through the solid too faster than through the air.
- At the same time, it also travels faster in the liquid like water than through the air.
- Whenever you are considering the speed of the sound, it would be 767 miles per hour.
- When the whales communicate with each other under the water surface, their sound can able to travel up to 800 kilometers in the ocean.
Can sound energy be converted to another energy:
Everyone has to understand what sound energy mean and how can it be converted into another form of energy. When there is the loudest sound, they actually don’t have much energy in them. As the sound energy density is very lower, there is no any other way to capture it all. But when you are using the suitable transducer, the noise or sound energy can be easily converted into an excellent source of the electrical energy or power.
A transducer can do this energy conversion by just converting the vibrations created by the sound into the electrical energy. Thus, conversion of sound energy to electric energy has become very simpler and easier even the density of the sound is only lower.
Generally in a car, there is an energy converter to convert a noise produce by the vehicle horn into electrical energy for the use of a transformer and a speaker. For this energy conversion from sound to electrical power can be done through the electromagnetic induction principle.